We found an Ocean-themed restaurant in Lagos
Samudra by Cilantro is a new restaurant in Lagos, located at Sol by Boxmall, also known as Sol Beach. It is an Indian restaurant. It is a beautiful ocean-themed restaurant, and the décor of this space speaks for itself. Samudra by Cilantro is also a beachfront restaurant. It offers different dining sections and works well for solo dates, casual dinner dates, and even intimate gatherings as it is quite spacious. It also has a rooftop with an amazing beach view both during the day and at night.
On our visit, we had:
- Chicken spring rolls: The spring rolls didn’t taste like our regular spring rolls, but they were really nice. This was our favourite starter.
- Corn soup: If you’re a K-drama fan or you’ve also wanted to try out corn soup, you should definitely try this out as a starter.
- Chicken Biryani: This is a kind of rice the Indians eat, and it is one of their popular dishes. It included some chicken chunks but didn’t suit our tastebuds, though the portion was great and could serve two people.
- Butter chicken and naan: This meal was good. It had the authentic taste, the naan and butter chicken were very nice, and it was our top pick on the menu.
- Ice cream: The ice cream tasted just like ice cream.
Samudra by Cilantro was under the casual dining category at the Mastercard Restaurant Week, so we got to spend just N15,000 per head, and it was a great deal.
Since Mastercard restaurant week is over, a budget of N20,000–N25,000 per head should get you a decent meal.
You can view their restaurant menu here: SAMUDRA BY CILANTRO MENU
The customer service was good, and the waitstaff who attended to us was always at our service. Samudra by Cilantro is a restaurant worth visiting.
📍 Sol by Box mall, Plot 10B Water Corporation Road, Trinity Avenue, Oniru, Lagos.