New beachfront restaurant in Lagos
The year is gradually coming to an end and we’re wrapping it up with visiting the new restaurants that opened this season. We recently visited Anchor Restaurant and Bar and our experience was worth sharing with y’all.
Anchor Restaurant and Bar is a new beach-themed restaurant in Oniru, Lagos. It is a beachfront restaurant, and its aesthetics totally fits the theme of the restaurant. The restaurant has a decent space that is cosy and Instagrammable. If you love colour blue or beach side restaurants, then you’ll love it.
Now, on to the food:
They have a diverse menu consisting of meals from various parts of the world, from Indian to Nigerian to Chinese, as well as an array of continental dishes. As a water-themed restaurant, they didn’t leave seafood out of their menu.
- Spring rolls and samosa as starters; they tasted really nice, and the pepper sauce that came with it was a good pair
- Chicken tikka: this was more like chicken kebab; it was served with three different flavours of chicken and tasted good but was not our favourite.
- Grilled Croaker: This came with plantains as sides, This dish was our favourite; it was well seasoned and grilled, and we tasted every bit of it until the bones of the fish. It was really spicy as well; we enjoyed it!
- Spicy, Crispy Coconut shrimps: the shrimps were really crispy; we didn’t really notice the coconut taste, That aside, the shrimps were really tasty and even tasted better with the mayonnaise and pepper dip served along with them.
- Edikaikong and Poundo: We were in awe of how good this meal tasted; indeed, Anchor Lagos means business, because this meal tasted like a proper homemade soup; it had all the proteins it should and tasted really well.
For drinks, we had:
- Whisky Sour
- Double-down Magna
A budget of N25,000 – N35,000 Per head is good for a dining experience .
You can view the restaurant menu here: ANCHOR RESTAURANT MENU
The customer service was great, food was good, and the ambience was serene. If you love blue or beachside restaurants, then you’ll love Anchor Restaurant.
They have outdoor and indoor dining, so can pick and there is a car park available.
📍Lekki Leisure Beach, Adekunle Animashaun Drive, Oniru, Lekki Lagos, Nigeria